Re: Electrician's Box Sinker

Page 2 of 2
On Mon, 7 Jul 2003 08:32:45 +0100, "Toby"

I bought one of these cheap ones a few months ago and it didn't last at all well - went blunt very quickly and started making a big mess of the chases.
I replaced it with the other one that was identified (G310B4). This is UK made by a company called Armeg and is a different proposition altogether - very smooth results and no sign of wear after quite a bit of use.
I also bought their mortar rake (G175B4) which has proved to be a great tool for electrical and other work where neatly removing a brick etc. is required.
.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Looks like the Axminster one I used (very briefly).
Went through two red bricks OK, then into a blue engineering brick. Made it about halfway down, then the end fell off !
On Sun, 6 Jul 2003 23:35:33 +0100, in uk.d-i-y "John Stumbles"

See http://groups.google.com/groups?&threadm=oclbcu0fa3h2dhonuh56obpoi4lnmag2ic%404ax.com for a previous thread on this subject, which includes my expediencies with the screwfix version, and what sounds like a very good idea from someone else to use a fine water spray to control the dust.
-- Phil Addison The uk.d-i-y FAQ is at http://www.diyfaq.org.uk / Remove NOSPAM from address to reply