Re: Electric trip problem.

It's earth leakage from the heating elements in the immersion and or dishwasher - fairly common, I'm afraid. The fridge may have a small amount due to RF interference suppression, and might just top up the amount needed to trip the ELCB.
Changing to an RCCD might well cure the problem, or could you re-wire the immersion to a non protected circuit - there's no need for it to be so protected, IMHO.
--
*Parenthetical remarks (however relevant) are (usually) unnecessary *

Check if you have any outside lights which are non plastic these are also prone to operate a trip at intermittent times depending if it is raining.

Robert wrote:

Rusty nail through a cable bridging neutral & earth, or bare & tarnished earth wire contacting neutral in the back or a socket, or some other high-ish resistance neutral-earth connection on the affected circuit? Or maybe the other circuit you plugged the dishwasher into isn't properly earthed and the fault is with the dishwasher?

Although 1 MOhm is within the Regs, generally anything less than 2 MOhms could suggest a fault developing if the test was done using a proper insulation resistance meter, a normal multimeter doesn't test with sufficiently high voltage. Having said that, I wonder what the resistance of a rusty nail would be? Also, did you disconnect neutral & earth from the CU before taking the reading? I'm a bit puzzled that you got that consistently low a reading for all circuits, yet you're not seeing problems on other circuits.

Depends on your earthing arrangements, for a TT (local earth rod only) supply there isn't any bonding between earth & neutral, although if the earth is connected to the company's earth terminal then this suggests TN-S or TN-C-S, in which case I certainly wouldn't expect anything like 1 MOhm between earth & neutral. Sounds as if the earth-neutral bond has come adrift, or it's actually a TT supply but the elec. supplier has used the wrong kind of incomer for installation. But having said that, your RCD trips when tested with an independent device, so it would seem you're getting an earth from somewhere. Wierd...

I reckon you really need to do or have done some proper tests on your installation - insulation resistance & earthing for starters...
HTH