Re: Drywall/plasterboard corners

I'm pretty sure you stick in those shaped wire grills, made for in and out corners etc sold in the sheds.

How ? > > Does anyone know of any online resources I can take a look at. > > I'm doing a 90 degree corner in a relatively high traffic area. > > The 2 boards need to butt joint together. Is there an edging piece I > can put over to protect the corner ? > > I don't know if it's possible to mitre the boards together. I suppose > this'd make the jount even weaker even if covered in edging tape. > > Any help appreciated > > Thanks > > Paul.
Reply to
Philip Wagstaff

Thanks, found the plasterboard corners in one of the sheds. They do a corner piece and a more expensive clip over one (which is ideal).

WRT to plastering it, yes, I was going to chuck a skim coat over it anyway. For the inside walls though does this need to be skimmed ?

If I fill over thee screwheads and paint, will it look a dogs dinner ?

Let me know,

Thanks for the help

Paul.

Reply to
Zymurgy

Yes, but skimming (together with embedded plasterboard corners) will give a tougher finish for a high traffic area.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel