re drilling advice

brilliant response group - thank you all.

It appears my drill is in reverse!

I cannot believe I was so stupid, but pleased to know so many of you have been there yourselves! I feel like a new member of a privelaged few!

Meantime have also replaced the old 'self reversing!!' drill with an SDS that so many of you raved about!

Ian

Reply to
Ian Hooksem

hehe. Reckon thats one we've all done some time.

NT

Reply to
bigcat

Luckily, the only reversing mains hammer drill I have is an old B&D Tradesman which only uses the minimum speed in reverse as it's for removing screws.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Good to hear it, but..... self reversing?

Have you perhaps swapped the pos & neg in the plug, or in a mains wiring circuit?

Reply to
Steve Walker

AC doesn't have pos and neg. On some drills it's easy to knock the direction selector over to the other side when handling them.

Reply to
Rob Morley