Re: Difference between float & trowel

I've only ever used a trowel for laying bricks etc. No way could I plaster without a float. And even then I'm crap :)

Bricklaying and pointing trowels are very different from plastering trowels (rectangular).

I rarely use a float when plastering, except for finishing off a scratch coat if done in sand and cement, and for devil floating (float with a pair of nails protruding 1mm) to key a scratch coat ready for finishing coat.
--
Andrew Gabriel

Thanks to all for help