Re: Dennis - VAT expert.

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "The Medway Handyman" saying something like:

I think I understand that. I think it means "Incidentally claiming VAT back >on stuff that is not passed on to a third party is also fraud". > >I understand it is complete bollox.

Of course it's bollocks. If I, as a VAT-registered entity, buy something with VAT on it and keep it for my own company use, I'm perfectly entitled to claim the VAT back. I registered for VAT, bought a van, claimed the VAT back, then de-registered the following year. VATman was not happy, but it was quite legal. Apart from the upside of getting the refund, I found VAT to be a total pain in the arse and my customers didn't like it either.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Yes I have already said so. Not nearly as much as TMH's cr@p. He was actually telling me I was wrong and then saying exactly what I had said a couple of lines before in the same post when it was "wrong". However he is too stupid to even notice that he was in violent agreement with what I had said.

I think he is getting paranoid and thinks people are out to get him and assumes people are against him even when they aren't. I have put him in the bin so he can calm down or get his meds fixed so don't quote him for his good.

Reply to
dennis

I BLAME THE POLISH FRENCH POLISHERS XXX

Reply to
ADOLF HITLER

Not much, just an impartial bystander who can see it's getting nowhere

- you just seem to be passing him more fuel for the fire! :-)

Not sure what you mean by Mr Lurker?

Mathew

Reply to
Mathew Newton

No, different guy. That was one of our local nutters and wasn't a farmer.

In that case, the planning officer behaved in a _remarkably_ Dennis- like manner.

Reply to
Andy Dingley