corner basin nightmare

it's driving me insane !!!

how the hell do you get a corner basin to slide on the bolts ?

it's impossible !!!

I've put them in at 90' to the wall and 45' to the wall but it just won't go....

HELP !!!

Reply to
SoWeezy

Never done it myself but here's a thought for you.

  1. I am presuming the 'bolts' are the sort with a big screw thread on one end and a normal bolt thread on the other.
  2. Remove one bolt from the wall.
  3. Get a helper.
  4. Put two nuts on the removed bolt thread (at the end and 'lock' them together)
  5. Put basin over the bolt in the wall and get helper to hold it.
  6. Screw other bolt into it's wallplug using a spanner on the 'outer' nut until it is in far enough.
  7. Remove nuts and procede as per fitting instructions.

HTH

John

Reply to
John

tried that, can't get the second bolt into the hole in the wall because the space under the basin is so tight

thanks

Reply to
SoWeezy

SoWeezy used his keyboard to write :

Have you thought of using small Rawlbolts, the type with loose bolt?

Drill the holes, fit the Rawlbolts tightening the bolts against a large washer to lock the wedge nut in place, then offer up the basin screwing the bolts in a little at a time until the basin can go fully back.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Can you use wall brackets with that particular basin? The kind you'd use on a cloakroom basin.

Reply to
daddyfreddy

"SoWeezy" wrote in desparation:

Did it come with any installation instructions?

Reply to
Phil Anthropist

I'm not sure what brackets you mean ?

Reply to
SoWeezy

nope, just the basin in a box, the Grove corner basin from Screwfix

Reply to
SoWeezy

They are like CH radiator brackets but obviously much smaller. You just bolt/screw them to the wall and slide the basin down onto them.

Reply to
daddyfreddy

Is the 'first' bolt as tight for space as the 'second' bolt? Could you do it the other way around?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Did the bolts come with the basin? They may be too long for your basin and smaller ones might work in the limited space.

Reply to
daddyfreddy

Cut a hole in the wall.

Attach piece of MDF or ply to the wall in the hole, with a SLOtTED hole in it, and but your bolt in it.

Alternatively sling the bolts and use wood screws, car body filler, no more nails etc etc. Its a well known fact that no UK made cheap china is ever made square, true, comes with suitable fittings, or is anything more than a start of a DIY puzzle that you have to solve.

(next week I have to saw up some MDF sheet to car-body-filler attach to the underweight and too flexible to mention Bathstore heap-of-shit-but-she-liked-it bath I am about to install...having ripped my hands to bits on the impossibly non vertical chrome basin trap, of which every single joint leaked, but hey, its chrome...and burying all the pipes in the impossible to ever service, but hey, she wanted wall mounted taps on the bath....)

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

sorted, had to cut 25mm off one of the bolts so I could wiggle it into the gap and screw into the wall

thanks all

Reply to
SoWeezy

I assume it's a type that is hung from the wall by big studs. The basin should have one round hole and one hole that's oval or slotted. If you've put the studs so that the one for the slot-hole is at the corner end of the slot (not in the middle or the outboard end) then the basin will fit onto them.

If you haven't, you're borked :-|

Reply to
John Stumbles