Re-Connollising Leather / Repair?

I've got a worn patch on a car seat side bolster. Its only 3 years old but out of warranty and the only option is to repair ensitu (replacing is impractical due to extornionate cost!).

Is there a DIY product I can use to resurface the leather? Its a matt black finish so no colour matching needed its just getting it to blend in with the rest of the side panel thats the issue.

Any suggestions?

Reply to
TonyK

BTW I have googled and found several products. i'm really looking for someone who has tried a successful solution.

Reply to
TonyK

In news: snipped-for-privacy@eclipse.net.uk, TonyK struck the keyboard in a random fashion and came up with:

Every time I need to "re-tint" my black leather jacket, I use "Scuffkote" childrens liquid shoe polish :) then buff it up once it dries :) Works like a charm :)

Reply to
Paul King

In article , TonyK writes

If you don't have any luck with DIY, I know that employed trimmers get paid peanuts for their very skilled trade and are keen to do homers, they might be able to repair or replace for less than you think but finding a contact may be difficult, I can recommend one in the West of Scotland but otherwise . . .

Reply to
fred

If it really needs doing? Your looking for a cheap alternative right?

A tour of scrap yards will get you a good seat for a tenner.

Reply to
ben

Ask Connnolly. Their stuff is for from cheap, but it really _is_ good.

For basic feeding (which can work wonders on leather that's simply dry or lightly scuffed) then apply British Museum leather dressing You can buy this or make your own - shredded beeswax in cyclohexane, with some lanolin and a touch of cedar oil in it (google for the details).

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Speak to the people at

They may have seen this before and have a remedy.

Cheers, Mark

Reply to
marpate1

A trimmer should be able to help you out, I recently tore the leather on my car seat with a broken zip on the back of my jeans. To retrim with a new cover was going to cost =A3700 and I ended up getting it fixed for =A360. The repair was very good, only slight problem was that it was a special cocoa brown leather with black flecks in and the repair was done and painted brown, it really hardly notices though. I'm not sure exactly how they did it but the damage is invisible.

HTH

Cheers

Richard

Reply to
r.rain

Gliptone ( liquidleather.com ) or the woolies refurb kits ( woolies-trim.co.uk ) will work if its just a scuff and not a tear. If you send a small sample of your leather from under the seat they will match it up.

A seat that has been retreated by either of the above products - I've used both over the years look like new - bodges using boot polish, saddle soap or wax type products are a waste of time.

Reply to
Matt

got to agree with liquidleather good product and good service the conditioner is also superb

Regards Jeff

Reply to
Jeff