Re: Connecting into incoming water main

Yes and you should do so.

P.S. I'm assuming you are planning to take the spur after the stop c*ck.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

"Christian McArdle" wrote in news:3f6aea49$0$15783$ snipped-for-privacy@reading.news.pipex.net:

Well, I was going to turn by the pub, mate.

mike r

Reply to
mike ring

So what happens when you get a leak (as with my neighbour's incoming rising main supply, and it's under the house - don't ask why!) and you can't get a plumber to fix it? (Been at least 2 weeks now.) Currently they've turned the water off at the garden stop c*ck, and having it on briefly so as to fill the loft tank, and kettles etc. in the kitchen.

Reply to
Malcolm Stewart

There are advantages to having a tank, as you point out. Also, disadvantages if the thing bursts. Worst case I heard was a central htg system that went wrong and heated the cold water storage tank to near boiling. Of course the plastic burst and the couple in bed downstairs had 50 gallons (about 250 litres) of near-boiling water fall on them. The girl was killed.

Geoff

Reply to
GB