Re: Chris Froome

Fuck off Mason.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

All this anti-doping stuff should be abandoned. That would allow a sorting out between the sports that simply require stamina, and those where skill is involved.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Yeah and get rid of sex discrimination in sport. Just ONE 100 metre race both men and women compete as equals on the same t rack at the same time. But of course beacuse of equality and the women know they can't come 1st in the 100 metres, we have to set up another race jus t for women only and they don't consider that discrimination !

Reply to
whisky-dave

Looks very clear and perfectly functional to me. Unlike so many supposedly professionally designed ones.

Reply to
newshound

But where's the animated angle grinder with sparks flying off.

Apart from that and the 'click here' in red can spool over to the next line everything else seems OK and functional, a distinct lack of cat or dog picturtes and no t*ts on show and no special one day/week sales or special offers what else could one possibley need. :-)

Reply to
whisky-dave

Well I did spot a duplicated paragraph on the "decking microsite" (3rd and 4th paras of

Perhaps Mr Mason considers such infelicities grounds for self-immolation. Does he also believe in leading by example??

Reply to
Robin

He had the balls to go into the cruel, hard world of self employment, you did not. To be honest, his website is very clear and well laid out.

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

Did wonder where you were. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I personally see nothing wrong with performance enhancing substances, is it not just doing to the body what we have already done with the bikes? If there were classifications for it then i see its no business of anyone else to decry the practice. so many things these days are supposed to be harmful, its debatable whether the more modest performance enhancers are a problem. Brian

Reply to
Brian-Gaff

Brian, performance enhancing drugs in cycling have a long history.

Famously Tommy Simpson dropped dead on Mont Ventoux after taking a mixture of amphetamines and alcohol. In 1967.

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris

It's believed dehydration also played a big role, and Simpson that fell victim to the draconian regulations then in place

"At the time, the Tour de France organisers limited each rider to four bidons (bottles) of water, about two litres, two on the bike and two more given at feeding stations ? the effects of dehydration being poorly understood. During races, riders raided roadside bars for drinks, and filled their bottles from fountains"

Unfortunatly there were no bars or drinking fountains on the slopes of Mt. Ventoux.

Stimulants have a long history in the sport right from the start in the 1890's - and were defended as such by the likes of Coppi and Anquetil. But what is often convenienly ignored is that since the inception of the sport race organisers, as with the water restrictions above, have gone out of their way to make things as hard as possible for the riders. Long stages, successive mountain stages, rough surfaces, equipment restrictions etc. etc. Basically the riders have always been treated like cattle, so at create a spectacle. Who can then be cast as villains by muck raking journalists and administrators out to make a name for themselves.

michael adams

michael adams