Re: Central heating thermostat

On Mon, 22 Mar 2004 19:58:14 GMT, in uk.d-i-y snipped-for-privacy@microsoft.com

> (Lurch) strung together this: > > >On 22 Mar 2004 05:32:21 -0800, in uk.d-i-y > > snipped-for-privacy@daler-rowney.com (stevep) strung together this: > > > >>I have a gravity fed HW and pumped CH system with a programable > >>thermostat. If I have the thermostat programmed to come on all day > >>inc. overnight then the boiler keeps tripping in to heat the water > >>despite heat not being required for the CH. > >>Can I fit a thermostat to the airing cupboard tank so that when the > >>room temp is OK the boiler will not light up or is there some other > >>easy solution? > > > >There is nothing on the HW side of a gravity system that would bring > >the boiler on, so it must be the room stat calling for heat. > > Now I've re-read the OP a couple of times I've decided that the above > statement is utter nonsense. Sorry for having to make everyone read > it. > On a more sane note, if the original two channel programmer is still > wired in then the system could be altered so that a permanent feed is > supplied to the programmable room stat, which then switches the boiler > and pump on. And the HW channel of the programmer switches on the > boiler only. The heating channel on the existing two channel > programmer would be defunct.

Have been on holiday but thanks for this reply-it looks like this is the answer but how do I do it? I have a programable thermostat connected to a landis and gyr rwb2.9 mechanical programmer.

Reply to
stevep

On 5 Apr 2004 02:57:28 -0700, in uk.d-i-y snipped-for-privacy@daler-rowney.com (stevep) strung together this:

Easiest solution is to change the existing 2 channel programmer for a single channel to power the HW only. You will need to move the current CH switch wire to the permanent feed in order to send a permanent feed to the room stat. (You could just use the one channel on the current programmer instead of buying a single channel.) That should do the trick.

Reply to
Lurch