Re: Central Heating Pump Ratings

Use a primary secondary pump setup. Run a 28mm "primary" loop from the flow of the boiler to the return. Put the large pump on the flow just after the boiler. At roughly the midway point of this loop insert two tees next to each other, as close as possible. The tee nearest the flow to the flow to the CH/DHW and has the smaller existing pump on it, or better still replace with a Grundfoss Alpha auto variable speed depending of system pressure, so TRV can be on all rads, and the associated zone valves. The second tee is the return from the DHW/CH.

This ensures full flow through the boiler at all times. Set the large pump on the "primary" loop to flow required, not too much, just keep it the right flow.

Reply to
IMM

"sunbeam" wrote | "IMM" wrote | > I love this Jocko humour. Do you know Billy Connolly? | Numbered any good bricks lately IMM?

Numberrred brrricks?

Couldna build a wendy hoose afore he ran oot ae fingers

Owain

Reply to
Owain

I just love this Jockoness. What a hoot.

Reply to
IMM

One final shot, can you turn up the boiler stat on your model? The higher the flow temp, the more heat lost from the rads so more heat for same pump flow. I know this may take you out of condensing operation but your boiler will still be more efficient than a conventional in this mode. If you haven't already, balance the rads for 10-12 degree drop instead of the

15-20 normal for condensers - again for more heat per litre per second.

I sooo know where you are coming from with the costs & priorities thing.

Good Luck

Reply to
fred

I would not do this. This boiler is not fitted correctly. The lower the boiler te,peraature the better until it is fixed. The lower the temperature differential between the flow and return the more heat is transferred. It is now Spring and it does not need to be on high temps.

Reply to
IMM