Re: Can't find these nails

In message , PeterC writes

> They are about 25mm long, bright, smooth 2mm shaft, and with a dome head >> about 3mm across. Anyone know where I can get these or similar, or if >> they have a special name? > >Panel pins?

Escutcheon pins?

regards

Reply to
Tim Lamb

I think they are round head nails. Is this the sort of thing you are looking for?

've only been able to buy them in Italy, never seen them here. There is a version in stainless steel that has a very smooth shank with a conical point. Perhaps the photo will jog someone's memory?

Reply to
Steve Firth

Sound like escutcheon pins to me - for instance :-

Arfa Daily

Sound like escutcheon pins to me - for instance :-

Arfa Daily

"Big headed skinny nails for holding up plastic trim"

The big heads are needed to avoid plastic pulling over them, and they're skinny to avoid splitting. As this is their main use, they're most easily found from people selling UPVC and similar plastics.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

flat. Imagine cutting the top of your boiled egg off with a knife. It's a tiny version of that.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Mmmm, not bad. That's the closest I've seen, poking around for these. Even so, they don't all have the same profile. Thanks.

Reply to
Tim Streater

enough. Just got to figure out what to do with the other 400gm or so after I've finished my little job.

Reply to
Tim Streater

In message , Tim Streater writes

Furniture restorer tackle.

regards

Reply to
Tim Lamb

Ah, as i said I think that's the stainless version which has a smooth shank and a head as you describe.

Reply to
Steve Firth