Re: Buying a ladder

I use an aluminium '3-way' ladder made by ABRU.It consists of two sections about 6ft long and can be used as an ordinary stepladder,inverted 'V' or one leg of the V can be slid down so it can be used on stairs or uneven ground or the two sections slide together to form a straight extension ladder about

10ft long.Quite versatile, it is quite light too.There are a few manufacturers who make the same style so worth shopping around,cost around £25 - £30.Let me know how you get on. Mark Atherton
After trying to do a simple job on a borrowed (& lethal) step ladder > over the weekend I heard something on the radio saying that falling > off ladders is the biggest single source of DIY injuries - so I think > it's time I splashed out. > > I'm looking for a decent step ladder for general purpose decorating. > I live (at present) in a ground floor flat so I don't need something > that can reach really high up, but as I''m thinking of moving > soon(ish) I was looking at combination ladders, to save having to buy > a normal extension type ladder in a while. Are the combination > ladders a decent solution or something that does 2 jobs badly? > > Also - I'm very short of storage space so I'm going to have to store > the ladder outside. Does anyone know of a decent step ladder that > collapses? > > Any other do's / don'ts or other recommendations would be very > welcome. > > Regards, > > Michael
Reply to
Mark Atherton