Re: builder's work failing before he's finished

You may not get any money out of him, but you will thank yourself for

>getting him off the job, and you will never forgive yourself if you let >him carry on. >

Good advice that, couldn't have put it better myself. Anyway if he sez he's making no money then tell him you'll help him out by turfing him off your site so he can make or con some money elsewhere, sounds like a total Wally.....

Reply to
tony sayer

.... As others have said, your basement needs "tanking" properly. What he is doing is a waste of time.

Reply to
BillV

Stick a bit of transparent plastic sheeting on the wall. Bit of clear plastic bag taped to the wall will be fine. (I've also heard of puttying a square of glass to the wall.) If it gets wet between the wall and the plastic/glass, it's coming through the wall; if the surface of the plastic/glass gets wet, it's condensation.

Not foolproof, but simple enough -- unless neither bit gets wet, and then you're no worse off than before.

Thomas Prufer

Reply to
Thomas Prufer

don't forget to take plenty of photos of his 'work' and, if possible, get him on tape spouting whatever nonsense he's bound to spout.

if you do, your case against him will be far more watertight than the lousy job he's attempting on your basement :-)

RT

Reply to
R Taylor