Re: Brian E Re: Long term absence

Essjay001 wrote:

Hi Steve, Just interested in what you're up to mate. When I read posts like yours, I feel a twinge of envy as I'm so tied up with debt/mortgage/business educating kids (no probs there). It would be nice to get an occasional report from you.
My wife and I were in Egypt - Sinai/Red Sea area - and you could see Saudi across the Gulf of Aqqaba. The region was magical imho and I'll certainly be going back albeit just on holiday.
Have a safe trip and stay in touch.
Kind regards
B.
BrianE wrote:

Been there done that.
> It would be nice to get an occasional report from you.
Do you have a valid addy

I would love to go to Egypt. I have a very good friend Ahmed who helped me the day the shooting started in Kuwait. I don't mean the wars. He has invited me to Egypt to his family home. Now I am going to be in the area I will certainly take him up on the offer.
The region was magical imho
Not so now though! Would you believe I have to get my hair cut before I go, and take out my earing. Mind you they said that about Oman.

Make sure you do that. I have travelled more in the last 4 years than in the 25 years I spent accepting the Queen's shilling in the RAF, I can't get enough of it despite the dangers.

Via con Diaz
Steve
Essjay001 wrote:

S Viemeister wrote:

I go with Dios, I think, but Vaya?
Essjay001 wrote:

That's what I was taught when studying Spanish, many years ago. It's the present subjuctive of the irregular verb 'to go'.
Sheila
S Viemeister wrote:

I was taught Vaya Con Dios too. I learned Castillian. Could it be different to S A Spanish?

Assuming that "S A" means South American then, yes, it differs in a good many respects. Much like USA English and Queen's English :-)
Regards, Nick Maclaren.

Yes I did know that Nick.. I meant in this case:)
Ophelia
Ophelia wrote:

I learned American Spanish - there are differences, but that's not one of them.
Sheila

Is Vaya Con Diment the old spice route?
Gnube wrote:

Works for me but I bet our americam friends don't understand>
Essjay001 wrote:

Gotta be quick - just off to golf - it's: snipped-for-privacy@earp1954NOSPAM.freeserve.co.uk
Just remove the NOSPAM. Cheers