Re: Box

wrote:

I know, but I still need a supplier.

No they're not identical enough. We have ivy, holly, apple, bullace, pear, laburnum, cherry and other nice timbers growing in the garden - and to be felled - but not box. We already use those common woods but we'd like to be authentic.
Spouse makes reproduction wooden spectacle frames for period re-enactors, musums etc. All the archaeological finds we can trace are made from box. Although people buy the ones made in the above timbers - and oak, ash and walnut - he'd like to make at least one pair in the right material. They would, of course, cost more than the less precious ones.
We don't buy timber, always using other people's offcuts or what we grow.

Thanks, I'll have a look.

Everywhere is!

Didn't know there was one, thanks again.
Mary

On Tue, 12 Aug 2003 22:20:14 +0100, Andy Dingley
What are this lot like to deal with? I noticed they got a 10" slitting saw and it's very cheap indeed;
10" Slitting Saw - 4.45
and when compared with;
http://www.axminster.co.uk/default.asp?part=VRS4 - 14.18
AND
http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.asp?page2930&category=1,42884,42906&ccurrency=2&SID - $19.50
I just have to wonder, since it's the offset and reversible handle that I'm after! I was going to get one last week, but got delayed (lucky too by the looks of this!)
They sure got some oddball stuff by comparison with many - great stuff! (got to have weird suppliers, or you never get to see the truly handy things in this world!)
Take Care, Gnube {too thick for linux}

*Very* good indeed -- I've been one of their customers for well over a decade, with little/no cause for complaint in all that time.
--
< Paul >

On Wed, 13 Aug 2003 10:19:47 +0100, "Paul C. Dickie"

Got to be worth giving them a go then! ;O) Thanks!
Take Care, Gnube {too thick for linux}

Spouse rang them last week and ordered some box, it will be good value for his combs and he might well make spectacles too, having seen some worn by a Belgian at the weekend.
We got back today and the catalogue was here, he's impressed with that too. There are some very useful items listed.
So for the third, I think, time, thank you.
Mary