Re: Boiler woes *HELP*

In message , Steve Preston writes

I have a potterton boiler, less than three years old. It now needs >re-igniting almost daily. Its not a combi, apolgies I cant give you the >model, its a small "eco freindly" type that sits quietly in the kitchen. > >My dear friends at British Gas have been over three times. At first they >said it wasnt vented properly, so we put some more vents in. Now they are >saying it needs a seperate 22m pipe supply run to the boiler from the meter. >The theory is that when we are using the cooker, the supply to the boiler >drops so much that it re-sets. They are on the same supply. Im not buying >this theory and reckon there is something wrong with it. We had three years >of trouble free boilering and now it needs resetting nearly every other day. > >If anyone can shed some light / advice on this issue it would be greatly >apppreciated. >

Sorry, you really haven't given enough useful information there

Reply to
geoff

In message , Tony Bryer writes

Hey Tony ...

I've started repairing Envoy modules

Sorry it's a bit late for you

Reply to
geoff

Dunno, saying that it needs relighting would lead me to think it was a perm pilot ( Puma perhaps?)

Reply to
geoff

No, the PCB on mine was fine. I just had the problems with unreliable ignition (the sort of thing the OP was referring to) and decided that rather than moving the Envoy I would replace it. It knew it was under sentence and made me feel real guilty by performing flawlessly in its last few weeks.

Shock us all by telling us how much an Envoy PCB is!

Reply to
Tony Bryer

What, new?

I dread to think

Reply to
geoff

OP says "not a combi". The general public use all sots of terms to describe faults on heatign systems. In fact getting to the bottom of the customers story is sometimes harder than the actual job.

A typical misnomers is calling the HW cylinder the boiler. Calling the reset button the 'relight button' is mild in comparison.

Reply to
Ed Sirett