Re: Bloody cheek!

Well I have to say after three trips to the workshops mine was down to no rattles and only one small leak.. And all the rusting screws replaced with galved ones.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

After I've had it for 30+ years, my 109 Series 2a still rattles everywhere except inside the engine and transmission. Almost a quarter of it is the same bits as it left the factory with, too.

Reply to
John Williamson

Hah, a few years ago I took my car in to a dealer for a "fixed price service". I'd already questioned them to ensure that it included spark plugs for the 120 quid (IIRC, the car had pricy platinum plugs) and they said that yes, everything in the service schedule was included.

When I collected the car, I asked for comfimation and they told me it wouldn't have included the plugs. When I pointed out they told it would they changed their story and said they had been changed so I asked for old ones.

While they were looking for them I popped the bonnet and noticed that the "new" plugs appeared to be rather dirty... :-) They came back and said they couldn't find the plugs as they had tidied the workshop.

Given they'd made the mistake of handing me the keys I just told them to give me ring once they'd found them and I'd pop back and settle the bill before driving off...

2 days later they phoned and expecting them to demand money I was ready for them but was rather thrown by "Hi, this is blahblah and I'm just following up on your recent service. Were you happy with the work?"

I just hung up. Not heard from them again :-)

Darren

Reply to
D.M.Chapman

Now that makes sense. ALthough I'd replace the second sentence with:

"Sending out customer response surveys and ignoring the results are a relatively simple way to achieve ISO9000."

:-)

Reply to
Scott M

Many a true word spoken in jest, although there is less scope for just filling in the right paperwork in the latest quality standards. I am sure that it would have been quite possible to get BS5750 accreditation for making total rubbish, provided that your stated aim was to make rubbish (perhaps not in quite those words) and you carefully documented that you made it to a suitably low standard.

Reply to
Nightjar

That's quite right, when we were being accredited 1980ish?. I asked if we would pass if I documented that all projects were delivered late and over budget! Yes, he said, but we would be in breach if we delivered one on time and within budget! Complete waste of time and effort.

Peter

Reply to
Peter Andrews

For heavens sake just turn up the radio That's what it's there for.

Reply to
bert

BS5750 was never concerned with actual product quality or usefulness but with processes to ensure that quality was consistent and products outside the defined parameters removed from the supply line.

Reply to
bert

In message , tim..... writes

There was a parking slot right next to the door There was a trolley of the right size immediately to hand and it moved in a straight line. Customer levels were low enough so that no-one got in your way. There were no annoying "Colleague" announcements Everything you wanted was in stock in the same packaging and in the same place as last time There was an idle check out point waiting for you exactly opposite the place where you finally emerged from the aisles. You don't qualify to receive any special offers or coupons other than

50p per litre off fuel It wasn't pissing down with rain when you left the store That would be IMHO be above average.
Reply to
bert

Answer: Fine until I got cornered by a survey.

Ah, depends when you go though. Where I go Fridays tend to be bad, "pension day". So the place is full of retired couples shopping together and treating the gangways as an extension to the Darby and Joan Club.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

not if you don't have a disabled badge there isn't (and in any case the second time was a town centre shop in the middle of the pedestrian zone)

This is a given. not having it makes the experience worse, but having it doesn't make it better.

That's just luck though, isn't it

does that ever happen?

That was a prior question.

only if you want to "self scan"

um, why is that good? I like the vouchers. (though I'd prefer Aldi pricing)

surely taking advantage of the crappy weather to do something necessary but un-stimulating, like shopping, is a bonus?

tim

Reply to
tim.....

They do give the option to decline :-)

Is that the good day? (what's the symbol for "boggles"?)

tim

Reply to
tim.....

More or less what I said. The first version of EN ISO 9000 also only defined the quality management system, not the product quality.

For medical devices, where quality was important, there was another BS that detailed the application of BS5750 to medical devices. As it happened, apart from the concept of continuing improvement, complying with that ensured compliance with EN ISO 9000:2000

Reply to
Nightjar

/After I've had it for 30+ years, my 109 Series 2a still rattles everywhere except inside the engine and transmission. Almost a quarter of it is the same bits as it left the factory with, too.

Reply to
JimK

today:

Ah but it depends how pretty she is. B-)

No that's a bad day. I must also remember to go to Costco in the mornings when it's "trade" only. Went in the afternoon recently and it was busy with grockles. "Oh look Doris, isn't that cheaper than Tesco". Nearly ran one bimbo down with a fully laden trolly as she cut across in front, attention fully taken by some a dolls house set.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Defenders have radios these days? Good grief what ever next, carpets? How can you hose out the cow/sheep shit from your boots if you have carpets?

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

I *do* use it every day. :-)

Reply to
John Williamson

Only the up-market CSWs and they've stopped making those due to lack of demand.

Reply to
bert

Could be much (much) worse.

See/listen to

A 20 minute phone call (attempting) to cancel a service.

Reply to
Sam Plusnet

Wow. He was patient. I'd have hung up and sent a registered delivery letter to the CEO long before that. And cancelled the payment. I suspect people are reluctant to do that in the US because it appears on their credit record as a delinquent payment.

Reply to
Huge