Re: Bird Pooh

I'm getting right fed up with a pigeon or something that sits on the

> apex of our house overnight. Might not be a pigeon, but it's clearly a > bird of some description roosting. > > When I go out in the morning there is a humungous pile of bird pooh > located immediately under the apex of the eaves - it almost looks as > though the damn thing has permanent diarrhoea, there's so much of it. > > The idea of a catapult comes to mind. If I weren't anti-gun I might > also consider an air rifle. However is there a DIY solution that might > be suitable? > > Unfortunately I can't climb up there because the ladder would have to > be near-vertical as it's the path between the house and garage (about > 3 ft wide max), and heights and me don't mix. > > PoP >

We used to have terrible trouble with pigeons roosting on the roof apex above our bedroom window, culminating in a large pile of pigeon poo in the centre of the windowsill.

Fitted one of these bird scarers to the apex with some quick set araldite and have not had a problem since:-

of a problem if you can't access the apex though!

Dave

Reply to
Dave Gibson

I've heard that bread mixed with baking powder can have interesting effects on birds. Something about not being able to expel the excess gas generated (unlike humans!)

I'm not suggesting you try it though... ;)

David Hearn

A bit like an old chinese torture I read about someplace maybe? Get victim to consume large quantities of dry rice, then force them to drink lots of water.

Rice expands, bursting the stomach. Victim dies.

PoP

Reply to
PoP