Re: Big fat DIY manuals: Collins or Readers Digest?

I can't decide which one of these to get - just spent 30mins in Waterstones

> looking at each (both about £20). I am sick of being a total DIY virgin, > having to get someone in to do absolutely anything, and want to rectify the > situation - maybe even go on to do a house up! (one day...) > > The books look like they cover largely the same sort of ground in largely > the same sort of way, but anybody got any particular reason to recommend one > of them over t'other? (it seems a bit excessive to get both). Or even any > other sort of learning source? > > Thanks.

I got the Collins when I started renovating our flat last year as a DIY novice. Its been invaluable. I'd recommend it.

However I still look on uk.diy just about every day for confirmation and ideas. I find I rarely need to post - someone has invariably asked the question before.

Will

Reply to
William Joones

Don't forget to search uk.d-i-y posts archive using google groups.

cheers Richard

-- Richard Sampson

RichardS

In message , BigWallop writes

Reply to
ignored

Andrew McKay wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Although the indulgence in a robust sense of humour is not unknown

Mike R

Reply to
Mike Ring

Try your local library. If it has them, or can get them, borrow them both for a few weeks and then decide.

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew