Re: best finish for exterior french doors

andy gardner wrote in message ...

You could try a coloured crayon. Wouldn't crack but might soften unduly in full sun.

I used Sikkens Filter 7 on my Sapelle French doors ... doesn't crack, and good for at least 2 years - and takes very little to recoat, just quick wipe over with fine wire wool, wipe down with meths and recoat - goes on much faster than paint.
I actually used a base coat first to even colour - you paint this on then wipe it off with a rag while wet.
Rick