Re: Baxigas convectot

DogDog014 formulated on Friday :

Hi has anyone got a Baxi Brazilia 2 gas convector Slimline 8S before a I > pay a GasSafe engineer another £70. not to fix it I would like to hear > of other people's experiences. > > This gas convector will never light without many attempts and sometimes > will not light at all. I think it may be the thermo-couple has anyone > got any ideas > > thank you

If its not igniting, it is either no gas flow or the igniter is failing to ignite it. Have you tried lighting it with a match?

The thermocouple failing would be indicated by it being able to be lit, but after counting to ten before releasing, it then fails to stay lit. Either thermocouple failure, or misaligned thermocouple, or gas solenoid failed.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

DogDog014 wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@diybanter.com:

Why are you paying a gas fitter to NOT fix your appliance??

No fix no fee should be the norm. (that's the way I work anyway)

The Brazilia is a very very simple heater,

Get someone that knows what they are doing.

You cannot light these things with a match no matter what some know nothings might think.

Heliotrope Smith