Re: Bad weather alert!

Hah, you may well hav ethought the above was funny, but on Sunday 29th of July wifey and I were toasting on an Adriatic beach with the temperature in the high 30s. I'd been swimming a couple of times to cool off and was just flopping down considering a beer for a little internal cooling when the sky turned inky-black. We packed up to head for the car park and it started to rain, before we could get back to the car, it had started to hail. The hail stones were as big as golf-balls and within seconds the street was covered in ice to a depth of six inches. When we got back to the car park, the hire car had been totally destroyed by hail, as had approximately seven thousand others.
Then the sun came out and the place flooded.
Aren't holidays fun?
It was so cold that politicians were walking around with
their hands in their own pockets.