Re: B&Q planer now £10.98

Wot? £10.98 for an electric planer?

B&Q close at 8pm right? Back in ½ hr... :)

Couldn't resist buying at this price. Looks reasonably made & didn't > fall apart first time I used it (like the router did.) Easily worth > 10 quid just for levelling off my floorboards at the weekend.
Reply to
Simon Harris

And back there 1/2 hour later. I do have quite a few PPPro tools and some are not as bad as the press they get but this one really is awful and it went back. The switch consistenly jams off after a bit of use and the spinning plane thingy simply isn't true to the base of the tool.

Reply to
G&M

screwfix (also part of B&Q) selling 4" grinders for £4.95 ... amazing price even if it only lasts a couple of discs.

Hire trade must be really hurting with all these cheap Chinese tools - look how cheap tile saws are now ..

Rick

Reply to
Rick Hughes

You'r supposed to buy two. Then you use them to fix the others base :)

Reply to
Ian Stirling

I've had the PP (not Pro) planer for a few years. I find it pretty good. Gives a nice finish and excellent for trimming doors, which is its mains purpose. The base was adjustable and needed adjusting to make it square to the blade. I believe this is normal with planes.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

Wot? ?10.98 for an electric planer?

I'm waiting for Grunff's PP SDS drill's gearbox to die through lack of oil so that I can have the rest of that for spares.

Reply to
G&M