Re: Another watery query....

Tanks were originally used in olden days because when all came home from

> t' pit to have shower, the water main couldn't cope with the whole road > drawing water simultaneously, so each house stored water in the roof for > their shower or two at the end of the day.

Think the use of storage tanks rather pre-dated the common fitment of showers.

Reply to
Dave Plowman

My aunt remembers miners coming home from pit and showering with hose pipe in their back gardens. The miners cottages had no bathrooms and are now desirable yuppie homes.

Reply to
BillR