Re: Another toolkit question

Page 2 of 2

Why don't you learn to snip you stupid bastard?
Snippitty, snippity, snip, snip, snip

Waah - good call, I was beginning to wonder if it was another bloody top poster and I'd missed it
--
geoff

Why don't you learn to snip you stupid bastard?
On 13 Jul 2003 06:54:02 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (Michael McNeil) wrote:

Takes one to know one.
Andrew
On 14 Jul 2003 12:09:15 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (Michael McNeil) wrote:

You top posted several pages of a forum post to then post a one line comment about how you considered the other individual to which you were responding had bad netiquette manners.
As a result of that I had to page down several times before I read your comment. Which doesn't exactly go well in your favour, and indeed in my book is sufficiently worse than the original poster to make it noteworthy.
Andrew
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (Michael McNeil) wrote:

Assuming you're confused about my 100m augers :-)
Ummm... I have some flat wood bits that are 150mm long. When I stick them in the drill, the drill will almost fit between joists in order to drill holes for cables; I end up drilling at a shallow angle.
I have seen, in a catalogue, an auger which is 100mm long. I was musing that the extra 50mm might allow me to get the whole caboodle between joists and hence drill a straight hole.
This would save having to cut down a wood bit, as was previously suggested.
:-)
Hwyl!
M.
--
Martin Angove (it's Cornish for "Smith") - ARM/Digital SA110 RPC
See the Aber Valley -- http://www.tridwr.demon.co.uk/abervalley.html

Ditto. A definite option if the axe falls my way next week. Been following the threads with interest.
A tool that was on my list was a small genny. For when the juice if off all day and you gotta use the SDS for some hard bricks, or for temp work lights, or just keeping the clients freezer running.
--
Steve

appreciate.
night
cordless
ah! of course - a 90 degree angle drill! and set of auger bits.
-- Richard Sampson
RichardS wrote:

and one of those head mounted torch jobbies - for all thoese times where three hands would otherwise be essential!
--
Cheers,

John.

I've seen 100mm long auger bits. Given that my 150mm wood bits "almost" fit when in the end of the drill, I suspect the augers would be fine.
Hwyl!
M.
--
Martin Angove (it's Cornish for "Smith") - ARM/Digital SA110 RPC
See the Aber Valley -- http://www.tridwr.demon.co.uk/abervalley.html

I think the genny may have to wait, but I have been seriously considering a back-of-the-van (when I decide I can afford a van!) installation of an inverter and a leisure battery. If for nothing else then for powering battery chargers and the like (though that seems a waste - perhaps I'll just have to look for tools which can charge directly from 12V).
If I was going to need power off for a while, my favoured option would probably be to rig a temporary dis board on flying leads from the "big switch" I've thoughtfully installed on the ends of the meter tails. It could be built into a nice case and everything, and you could run a few extension leads for freezers, though IME, an unopened freezer will keep stuff frozen for far longer than a working day.
Hwyl!
M.
--
Martin Angove (it's Cornish for "Smith") - ARM/Digital SA110 RPC
See the Aber Valley -- http://www.tridwr.demon.co.uk/abervalley.html
"Martin Angove" wrote | > A tool that was on my list was a small genny. | > For when the juice if off all day and you gotta use the SDS for some | > hard bricks, or for temp work lights, or just keeping the clients | > freezer running. | I think the genny may have to wait, ... you could run a few | extension leads for freezers, though IME, an unopened freezer will keep | stuff frozen for far longer than a working day.
It's when it gets to 7.27 pm, you've pulled the consumer unit apart and just invented some new swear-words, and Her Customership sidles up and whines "'ere, I am goina be able to watch Corrie, innit?"
Maybe a battery-powered portable telly. It would be something to keep you occupied when you tell Her Customership "I've got to go twenty miles down the road to get a part, it's not on the van" and then park up in a lay-by round the corner with your thermos and sarnies.
Oops, I've been watching too much Rogue Traders :-)
Owain