Re: After fitting a bottom entry cistern valve - i have a drip - Help!

Yes, there should be a washer. It is probably a 15mm tap connector washer. It is probably attached to the old valve. You should get a new one anyway, as the old one will be manked.
Be very careful with metal tap connectors on plastic tails, it is exceptionally easy to cross thread.
Christian.
On Fri, 12 Sep 2003 15:43:47 +0100, "Christian McArdle"

I'll get another washer then take it apart again.
I noticed as i was connecting the tap connector on that it was starting to go on cross threaded, i didn't tighten it much before i realised that was the case though.
thinking about it i hope that's not the cause of the leak otherwise i'll be buying another complete unit again :-(

I used some silastomer sealing compound when I had a minor leak from the threads surrounding the pipe to the WC. Has the advantage that it sets under water, and it's been leak-free for many years now.
--
M Stewart
Milton Keynes, UK

washer.
anyway,
No, what you need is a reddish fibre washer about 1.5mm thick and 2mm wide, 15mm inside diameter. A good ironmongers etc should have them (or BES)
-- John Stumbles -+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+ -+ Load dropped, paperwork completed: job done.
On Fri, 12 Sep 2003 19:34:11 +0100, "John Stumbles"

I bought a pack each of 15mm and 22mm fibre washers from Focus just yesterday. Any of the big DIY sheds ought to have these on the racks, you just search around the plumbing area.
PoP

Had a similar problem with mine, took it off and put some ptfe tape on the threads of the inlet assembly and it's been drip free since.
Mark S.

Job's all sorted now, many thanks to all those who replied :-)