Re: AEG 16800 condenser question

During the drying cycle, the timer does not go down, and after (approx) 10 minutes, you get E40 (blocked water input I think). The washing cycle is fine, so I do not suspect the water in, and have already taken it off and checked it. The engineer said that he would replace the dryer control board (£200 all in) as the element, etc.. all seem OK.

Reply to
Simon
16810, and can give nothing but praise for it ...
Reply to
warwick

Interestingly E40 codes normally denote a door interlock anomaly with this range, is it a Service Force engineer that has diagnosed appliance?

Reply to
Egbert Nobacon

Ooops, when I said E40, I meant E10. Turns out that the water valve for the condensor was broken, thankfully not the controller board. £12 as opposed to £150 for a simple rectifier board! Hurrah!

I will not get another AEG again, all the engineers who came round to repair/look at it so far all swear by Bosch - next time it breaks down, I shall check them out.

Reply to
Simon