Re: AEG 16800 condenser question

Hi Simon, what symptoms are you experiencing and are any error codes generated?

During the drying cycle, the timer does not go down, and after (approx) 10 minutes, you get E40 (blocked water input I think). The washing cycle is fine, so I do not suspect the water in, and have already taken it off and checked it. The engineer said that he would replace the dryer control board (200 all in) as the element, etc.. all seem OK.
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (Simon) wrote in message
What problems have you been having with this machine ? I have a 16810, and can give nothing but praise for it ...
Interestingly E40 codes normally denote a door interlock anomaly with this range, is it a Service Force engineer that has diagnosed appliance?

Ooops, when I said E40, I meant E10. Turns out that the water valve for the condensor was broken, thankfully not the controller board. 12 as opposed to 150 for a simple rectifier board! Hurrah!
I will not get another AEG again, all the engineers who came round to repair/look at it so far all swear by Bosch - next time it breaks down, I shall check them out.