Re: 16 inches

Being a man of many tape measures, I find that not only are they

> highlighted at foot and yard intervals, but at 16 inch intervals > as well. Woss all that about, then?

My boyfriend tells me that theyre for studs which is funny coz he doesnt quite measure up but as he said when I was decrating size doesnt matter much anyway!

Reply to
Sasha_Klamp

My boyfriend tells me its for studs but its funny coz he doesnt measure up quite so much but peraps he was right when he told me whon I was decrating that size doesnt matter.

Reply to
Sasha_Klamp

Probably an USA tape utilising the confusingly called 'English measurement' schema.

It's so that when you measure a panel ... and it's three of the "16 inch interval" marks _wide_ ... and it's six of the "16 inch interval" marks _long_ ... you know you've got a genuine 8'x4' panel ... not one of these 2440 x 1220 metric stuff.

Oh! It's got something to do with frame-ing (and noggin-ing).

Reply to
Brian Sharrock

And ones I've seen have another set at 19.2" - 96"/5

Reply to
Tony Bryer

which is for manufactured wooden I beams

Reply to
mrcheerful