RCA Projection TV Model # P52939 Repair

Hello,

I own a standard RCA projection TV model P52939, about 3 years old. Recentley the screen would go black and then return to a normal picture after about 5-10 seconds. As this happened, there was a clicking noise inside the TV, as well as a hi pitched whining noise (same noise made during initial power up of the TV).

After about 2 weeks, the colors on the screen seperated. I re-adjusted them as best I could and the picture is now passable, but very warped and still seperated at the edges.

I have done some research online and seem to believe it is the convergence board based on what I have read. I am skilled enough with electronics repair to attempt it, but want to be sure it is in fact the convergence board before I go ahead and order the parts to fix it.

Any comments / suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Reply to
Construction PM

I haven't messed with TV's for a while but the picture going black with clicks suggests an EHT fault, like an insulation breakdown. Subsequent distortion and colour divergence could the result of a reduced EHT voltage. Focus, brightness and contrast will all be poor if this is the case.

john2

Reply to
john2

Try sci.electronics.repair