RAYBURN based Central Heating

I wonder if some reader could help me design a central heating based upon a Rayburn Royal range cooker(solid fuel i.e. logs). This heating will be installed in a remote shed i.e. no running water and no electricity hence if there are any suggestions on pumps and valves these have to be 12V DC powered by a leisure battery! I would personnaly prefer a gravity based system hence there should not be a requirement for pump or motorised valves.

What I am after is a:

  1. Diagram detailing pipe connections for hot water, expansion tank, hot water tank ( to supply water for heating and washing). I am presently collecting rain water in a storage tank! All help and comments welcome.
Reply to
Alam

Savonius rotor attached to pump shaft?

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Hmm. Tricky. Can you describe your "shed" a little more? What area does it cover? How high is it top to bottom? How high are the walls? Where is the tank you collect water in situated? Do you ever run out of water there?

Reply to
Chris Bacon

More info needed. The first choice I'd consider would be no rads at all, all the heat coming direct from the cooker. If the building is small enough, thats by far the best bet.

Failing that Id go with gravity circulation system, because its more important that it works than anything. You can then add a pipe with pump so that when lecy is available itll heat up quicker.

Gravity systems are real slow to heat up, the added pump will deal with that when powers available.

Even in a small house one can run a burner with no rads: place it central with air outlets into each room around it.

Dont frorget solar heating too, flat panel space heating is very low cost, and is especially attractive when the other options are more awkward.

NT

Reply to
bigcat

The shed (16' X 24' X 9') (Width,Length,Height) in a woodland. There is sufficient rain water and I collect it in a container(100 gallons). The tank is located about 20 feet away from the shed. The rain water is collected from shed's roof using guttering and drain pipes to the container. Although the water is only used on weekends for washing etc. I have never run out of water! We take drinking water with us.

Reply to
Alam

Did I misread the subject?

I cannot see a relationship between central heating and the use of rainwater.

Alan

Reply to
Alan Holmes

You could probably utilise a small cylinder as high up as you can get it with a header tank, elevating the outside water tank as needed. The cleanliness of the supply, from the point of debris such as leaves and dust will be important, you don't want it clogging up. You've got enough room for a gravity system, use 22mm at least. I don't know what the output of the range is, but assume it is capable of boiling the entire system. Venting both circuits will be important, don't have any horizontal runs in the vents. Keep it as simple as you can!

Reply to
Chris Bacon