Rawlplug Uno - what length screws to use?

Been using normal rawlplugs for decades, usually using screws a bit shorter than the overall length, but I picked up some Unos a while ago, maybe from Screwfix to top up an order when they had assorted tubs on special offer but never got round to using them until now.

They look way shorter than the usual wallplugs and I have loads of screws in stock that appear to be 'too long'

What length screw should I be using, slightly shorter than the plug length + the thickness of what I am fixing to the wall?

Or would a longer length that punctures a hole in the base of the plug be ok?

the overall plug lengths

Yellow 24mm Red 8mm Brown 30mm

the fully installed screw just poking through the base of the plug.

Reply to
The Other Mike

I've never had a problem using a screw longer than the plug provided the hole in the masonry is long enough.

Jonathan

Reply to
Jonathan

Exactly.

The action of the Uno plug AFAICS is to be pulled inwards in PB but just to expand in brick.

Whatever - best bloody plugs ever made.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

I often sink them below the wall surface. I don't really want expansion in the plaster layer anyway.

Reply to
Andy Dingley