Ravenheat boilet pcb's

Is there any market for second hand pcb's for ravenheat CSI 85 B (T) boilers?

i have 2 of the buggers as spares now, as the boiler has just been fitted with it's 3rd new main pcb,

Green light on, pump running, but that's all, it was working perfectly before we went on a 2 week trip across Germany, Driven through a foot of snow most of the time, and so looking forwards to returning to a warm house and having a nice long hot shower.... and we get back to a house that could be used as a cold store.

A 4 day wait for the plumber bod to get hold of a new pcb and back to us, new pcb fitted, turned on, and... pump starts, and that's it, just as before.

We eventually found the ever so slight weep from the heat exchanger nut, which is above the pipe stat for the heating side of the boiler, substituting the stat with a potentiometer got the boiler working,

Unclipping the pipe stat, and out runs manky water, there's the problem then... if the boiler is in regular use, the bit of water that gets in the stat is driven out, but leave the boiler off for a little while (by turning the room stat down when we go away), and the pipe stat gets water in it, causing all sorts of problems with the sensor being out of range and shorting to earth partially.

New pipe stat at 20 squids, and boilers running as new, but as the £250 pcb has been fitted, it's not accepted as a return by the dealer,

To make it even worse, we tried the origional pcb that came with the boiler from new 3 years ago, and it works perfectly too, so the fault all along was a weeping pipe joint leaking into a sensor.

Reply to
Gazz

In message , Gazz writes

Well, I sell them for £50 WITH a 12 month warranty

anyone who buys from an unknown on ebay deserves what they get

Reply to
geoff

Well the responsibility for the PCB being incorrectly fitted is not yours but the plumbers. So why have you been lumbered with the expense anyway?

You get an expert in who should know his job. Obviously the fellow is a wanker. (Or NVQ trained)

This is why people fix their own stuff if they can.

Reply to
harry

I couldn't agree more.

At least, on this occasion plumber left the "faulty" PCB with the customer, rather than "exchanging" it.

Reply to
Graham.