Ravenheat boiler - ignition failure

Hi,

Got a Ravenheat Condensing Fanned Flue Boiler : CSI Primary. Manufactured in 2002 from reading the info on the boiler.

Mine has gone on the blink and from what I can see it's the Honeywell RH7605 PCB that's ultimately the problem. See the pic on top right of here

the water is switched on, I can hear the fan but there's nothing (no sound) from the ignition unit. Normally you hear the 'click-click-click' of the unit, then ignition.

However, the PCB blowing may be a symptom of the following. I have opened it up and there is evidence of water leaks on the inner skin of the boiler unit. There was some small bits of standing water in places too - I've dried those and left it a couple of days. The water hasn't reappeared.

Could this have come down the the flue ? The leaks appear to orignate from the top casing of the boiler which makes me think it may be the flue. All screws and joints appear dry and secure. Plus, there was a small leaf (!) in there too.

q1) First, is it usual to get water coming in via a flue and if so, are there any tips on how to eradicate the problem. Externally, the flue is about 3 foot off the ground. It appears to be a standard Ravenheat top flue.

The water hasn't entered the honeywell PCB - that's enclosed. However, there is an obvious PCB component than had burnt out. I'm hoping that replacing the PCB may be the only thing I really need to buy.

q2) Secondly, can anyone give any personal recommendations for a company/engineer in the Tameside / Manchester area who could do a good job fixing it ?

q3) Finally, can I personally buy spares anywhere - I'm not in the business so don't know best places to look.

If you can give me any assistance, it'd be appreciated greatly. Mike.

Reply to
Mike G