Rats- ultrasonic devices work!

I know that this has been come up before. However I have had a serious problem with rats invading my loft, especially in the winter. Sick and tired of putting rat bait in the loft then waiting to see if the little darlings had the decency to go outside to die, I have tried Pestguard PST093 devices.

I have two lofts, both quite large, with a 200mm layer of insulation. Despite this the devices seem to be a complete success. I have heard a rat shuffle around for a short time then silence, showing that it couldn't stand the radiation. The devices have been in about two months now at the worst time of year. So these things work and I recommend them.

Of course I have no connection with Pestguard except as customer. Though they cost over 30 pounds each, and you do need to run a mains supply, I reckon they're worth it. I was spending a fortune on the little blue granules.

Peter Scott

Reply to
Peter Scott

If you check my previous posts on scale inhibitors you will find that I am no fan of snake oil. However I have to report that I know of some folks who have problems with rats who have used these sorts of devices and report that they work to drive away rats. Even more bizzarely (from the snake-oil POV) they say they work with the devices on a setting which is supposed to generate only electromagnetic fields.

I still think finding out how they're getting in and stopping them is the proper solution through.

Reply to
John Stumbles

What an open-minded reply! Presumably you do not believe in accepting evidence. Perhaps you are a believer in Intelligent Design? This is factual evidence from a profound skeptic who had a serious problem with rats and now doesn't. So there!

For the benefit of the less dismissive they do seem to work. For some people with older houses, keeping rats out is not an option. I have pantiles and there is no hope of stopping them entering.

Peter Scott

Reply to
Peter Scott

I think you may have misread his reply, Peter.

He said "I know of some folks who have problems with rats who have used these sorts of devices and report that they work to drive away rats."

John seems to agree with your report that they do work.

Reply to
Aidan

No it's not, it's a claim.

I have no reason not to believe it but it's not evidence unless you experience it for yourself or if there are objective reliable witnesses to the claim.

So there.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Looks like I owe John an apology. I did misread what he said. I suppose it was the words 'snake oil' that triggered this. So- sorry- I'll take more care next time.

Mary. I was using ID as an example of opinions held in the face of evidence, in this case wrongly aimed at John.

Peter Scott (red in face)

Reply to
Peter Scott

I should co-co!!!

May God strike you down if you accuse me of being religious :-)

Reply to
John Stumbles

er - I don't understand what you mean but that's not your fault, I'm extremely tired, going to bed with my cocoa now! No need to explain but I appreciate your attempt :-)

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Now there's a good idea! I have some Green & Black's orgasmic cocoa which I'd forgotten about, lurking at the back of the cupboard...

Good night all ;-)

Reply to
Frank Erskine

Mary