rating this radiator

I have a rad in bathroom, 700mm wide, 600 high, 50mm deep. It has 26 water channels running vertically approx 15mm wide and 10mm deep, spaced at 10mm, It has 40mm fins on the back, and the whole thing is in a kind of open metal box with slots on the top. Any idea what BTU this would be ? I'm looking at replacements like towel radiators etc, but dont want less heating capacity than I have. Thanks, Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson

About 2300 BTU if it's a single panel.

Reply to
avocado

|I have a rad in bathroom, 700mm wide, 600 high, 50mm deep. It has 26 |water channels running vertically approx 15mm wide and 10mm deep, |spaced at 10mm, It has 40mm fins on the back, and the whole thing is in |a kind of open metal box with slots on the top. |Any idea what BTU this would be ? |I'm looking at replacements like towel radiators etc, but dont want |less heating capacity than I have.

Go to the Stelrad web site

or any other manufacturer of radiators. Find something similar and use the BTW/watts figure of that.

Reply to
Dave Fawthrop

Yep, single panel with fins. Cheers, Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson

As others have said, find a similarly sized single finned radiator in a maker's catalogue, and note the heating capacity.

But be aware that a towel radiator of the same physical size will provide but a fraction of this rad's heating output - about 1/3 if you're lucky - so you'll need a *massive* towel rad to get the current output level.

When comparing radiator specs in catalogues, make sure that they all use the same delta-T - 'cos they might not - and adjust the figures as necessary.

Reply to
Roger Mills

On 5 Jan 2007 01:13:40 -0800 someone who may be "sm_jamieson" wrote this:-

Why?

Why not simply add a towel rail to dry towels and leave the radiator to warm the room? The towel rail may add a little heat, but not much unless it is a model with built in radiator.

Reply to
David Hansen