Rather more tha a garden shed...Planning?

Page 2 of 2
PoP wrote:

Smilie noted, but in case you're really asking - no it doesn't smell at all.
--
Grunff

Almost certainly traces of hydrogen sulphide. Pure methane is odourless.
--
John
Mail john rather than nospam...

My education develops in leaps and bounds on this forum. Something else I didn't know!
Good job there's no minimum qualification for joining in here otherwise I'd be left standing at the door to this university of life.
PoP

For what it's worth, you'll almost certainly never come across pure methane other than in a chemical works or a lab. Everywhere it is commonly found, usually from, err, natural sources, odorants are present. Typically, they are sulphurous compounds and exhibit the same "bad-egg" smell. So, no shame really ;-)

Hmm, I think you'll find most folks here might suggest a minimum qualification involves a hammer or saw, an ostensibly sensible intent, a stupid conclusion, blood or a flood, and copious Anglo-Saxon invective...
--
John
Mail john rather than nospam...
On Mon, 20 Oct 2003 19:54:47 +0100, John Laird

History was never my strongest subject at school, so that Anglo-Saxon mumbo jumbo is meaningless to me ;)
PoP
PoP wrote:

Pure methane does not. However its never ever pure...if coming from organic sources :)

Would the tank hold the weight of doing the work you intend over the top ?
Are you taking the electric of the tank ? This does not sound like a good idea.
You have to have the tank pumed at times, would you still have access to the tank for this ?
I would not consider doing this to my tank. I have landscaped my tank into the garden.
Rick

Rick Dipper wrote:

No weight. Would raise foundations around it.

possibly. The cable and MCB are 6A rated. Not enough for a ring main, but enough for an alarm and a light.

hatch in floor - bloody BIG hatch - or removable floor section,

Mmm. so have I biut plnats grow at theior own rate.