Raspberry Pi - Compliance Update

2000 Raspberry Pi's are now in the UK.You can see pictures of them leaving the factory in China here;
brass monkey

In message , brass monkey wrote

will have to be scrapped.

Back in the real world, increasingly it looks like RS and Farnell are attempting to sell vapourware.

Reply to
Alan

Had a message from Farnell yesterday saying that they are assisting with the CE testing and inviting me to place an order.

Reply to
Peter Johnson

I got a quick fondle of one today, chap in the office who ordered his on day one, got it delivered this morning ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

Had mine for a couple of weeks now... Intersting little bit of kit! somewhat slower then I expected, but it's getting there. Fully functional as a little Linux box (with the addition of cabling, keyboard, mouse, etc.)

Gordon

Reply to
Gordon Henderson

Lucky you. I ordered on day 1 but have been told end of June for delivery :-(

Reply to
Mark

Mine's coming tomorrow.

Reply to
Bob Eager

When did you order yours?

(I think mine was ordered at about 4pm on the 29th of Feb)

Reply to
John Rumm

0830 on the first morning. There was a lull - I think everyone else was going to work!
Reply to
Bob Eager

Hmm.. I ordered mine around 10am on the first morning. Had an email from Farnell a while ago saying ETA of this week, heard nothing since.

When I saw your post I logged into onecall but can't see my order at all in the order history...

Wonder if my order has somehow vanished? :-/

Darren

Reply to
D.M.Chapman

MIne was actually delayed a few days because the credit card I used to order has since been cancelled (long story). But they phoned me last week for new details.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Have they taken the money already, though?

MM

Reply to
MM

Not obviously.

Anyway, just gave them a ring and yes the order is still there (they don't know why I can't see it but I don't particularly care about that).

Just need to wait - might be this week \o/

Darren

Reply to
D.M.Chapman

Mine is now here.

Reply to
Bob Eager

You're probably an old-hand at this, but I put some initial setup hints here:

your using the supplied Debian, then note that the password and group files are somewhat "creative" - an a pwck / grpck is suggested...

Gordon

Reply to
Gordon Henderson

Thanks...yes, UNIX user since 1975!

Won't be able to do much for a while as I have hundreds of Operating Systems exam scripts to mark...

Reply to
Bob Eager

Throw them down the stairs and assign them marks on the basis of which step they land on.

Reply to
Huge

Cheers Gordon, very useful.

Reply to