rapid sds impact drill 1250w

Has anyone bought a Rapid SDS impact drill 1250w from screwfix? I was thinking of buying it but was wondering if it is any good. At £39.99 it seems a good price. Neil

Reply to
Neil

That is a heavy 6kg drill. For the lighter 2kg get the £39.99 Challenge from Argos.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

In message , Neil writes

Can't see that name on the website , but there is this:

Titan SF26S5 6Kg SDS Plus Rotary Hammer Drill 230V

Personally I think that all these cheap SDS drills are pretty much of muchness - most probably come out of a few of the same factories in China.

While this one looks ok as far as it goes - rotary stop, though maybe not locking the chisel in a particular location. Personally I would steer clear of these big SDS drills- the extra weight makes them much harder work holding them up for drilling/chiselling. I reckon they make them as big and heavy like this so they feel suitably chunky :-)

I would go for a bit more expensive lighter weight one myself

Reply to
chris French