Rant about all mouth & no trousers CH installs.

Page 2 of 2

No.
--
Niall

Sounds like a poor design and poor installation. very sad, but very true.

"Ed Sirett" wrote | If you part with 500,000 you can own a brand new good sized | 3-bed room 2 reception mansion flat in North London.
Bargain, innit. You can get a 5-bed 2 recep maisonette in the West End for the same price (well, offers over) in Edinburgh (with a zoned central heating system from a gas fired Rayburn, charmingly listed as "extras included").
| You would of course expect that the whole building was built | well with a high specification of fittings and fixtures.
On the bits that can be seen, yes :-)
Owain

[ tale of woe snipped]
I trust you advised the owners to sue the builders to recover the cost of your rectification work, backed up by your independent report. Talking to the NHBC could be good for a laugh of dispair too. Wonder if local trading standards would take it on?
-- Phil Addison The uk.d-i-y FAQ is at http://www.diyfaq.org.uk / Remove NOSPAM from address to reply