Rant about all mouth & no trousers CH installs.

I never realised it was a reccomendation, I always assumed it was just a case of using the wallspace already wasted. Maybe it's different with double glazing, but I found rads under windows the best way of making sure most of the heat from them went straight out the window! This house has no rads under windows at all.

Reply to
Niall

But people with cold feet when watching the TV.

Reply to
IMM

My rads are on the two walls without windows in my livingroom (and, incidentally, I have NO rads below windows throughout).

Yes I get cold feet but have established this is nothing to do with the windows (d/g and curtains completely cover the window recess, not inside it). It's a draft from the front door coming in from the hall. Close the door to the hall, fit draught excluder to the bottom of the door, and hey presto, warm feet.

I much prefer having rads not under windows. It makes hanging curtains SO much easier, not having to have them just the right length to fit inside the alcove, or hang outside but not then help the heat to rise into the window alcove instead of the room.

I've just left enough space in front of hte radiators for heat to radiate and rise from them when placing furniture. Not really a big problem.

Velvet

Velvet

Reply to
Velvet