Rangehood duct

I'm about to install a rangehood that will vent to the outside through a 150 mm duct. The hood didn't come with a cover for the outside vent, so I need to find or make one. I'm not sure what is needed in terms of the dimensions etc. Would it be a good idea to bend the concertina ducting downwards on the outside to deter rain intrusion? What shape should the cover have - is a simple arch shape good enough, or will it need to be more enclosed, e.g. open only on the underside? The house's eave at this location is no help, since the overhang is only about 200 mm.

Reply to
Gib Bogle

I'd be inclined to purchase a proper cover/end for the outlet or in windy weather you might find you get blow back.

Such as

Thanks. The URL doesn't work for me. The rangehood does come with a built-in flap valve at the hood end of the ducting, so I don't think wind will be a serious issue. Rain seems more problematic.

Reply to
Gib Bogle

Fleabay..........Item 140308412246

OK, got it. I don't think the one with the little louvres would be adequate, but the one with the bigger rain flaps might be.

Reply to
Gib Bogle