Raising loft boarding to increase insulation depth

The insulation in my 1930's house loft is thin compared to today's standards due to small close-spaced joist sizes and full boarding. I need to retain the existing boarding for light storage purposes; is there a cheaper option to adding conventional timber to raise the joists; I recall once seeing an advert for "I" section MDF joists? Any ideas appreciated. Mike

Reply to
Mike

Could you not lay some ply bonded to PIR foam directly onto the existing boarding? The stuff intended for building warm deck roofs should do what you want.

Reply to
John Rumm

appreciated.

Bad enough getting ordinary flooring into the average loft space, I can just imagine the fun with that stuff !...

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

A large circular saw is your friend ;-)

Reply to