Rain warter guttering

Any of you lot struggled fitting plastic guttering fittings together. Try spaying with silicon lubricatining. Works like a dream. Don't get it one your hand, no grip.

Reply to
keith_765

Also on the guttering front, I have found that my mitre saw does a great job of doing nice clean square cuts on white squareline guttering and downpipes. My initial thought was that the friction between blade and plastic might cause melting but the set of the blade is enough to ensure this doesn't happen.

Reply to
Tony Bryer

Also use a 9" diamond blade angle grinder, much better than an hacksaw.

Reply to
keith_765

Why is the squareline stuff I have on my house so damned hard to ge the clips to click into place? Mine started leaking badly at a join recently. It appeared the long straight section was cut just too shor to clip it back together (previous fitter must have got away with it b the skin of his teeth). I therefore added a few inches by cutting th straight piece in the middle & joining the two pieces with a connectin piece. This was all above my head (no ladder stand offs) & one handed the other was firmly gripped on the ladder which had to be at quite shallow angle. After a couple of hours & painful fingers I got 3 of th

4 clips in - the last one is round the back & there is no way I can us my fingers to get this to clip in. It drips slightly so I used silicon sealer to fill the gap. Is there a knack to forcing the clips to pul the two pieces together (& compress rubber seal) or do I just have wea fingers

-- Pufter

Reply to
Pufter

Well I know it calms down cats but I never imagined it would work for PVC guttering.

Reply to
Steve Firth