Rail for dry towels only?

From a pal of mine, I thought you guys might find this amusing!

Mike

"Just a story really....

So the towel radiator (which was over £200) in our bathroom has started putting rust onto the towels. Turns out the paint finish has gone crazed and letting water onto the steel with obvious results. The feedback from the radiator company is a towel radiator is not suitable for putting damp towels on. You can only use it with dry towels.

What!?!?! A towel radiator for a bathroom can't be used with damp towels?

wtf?"

Reply to
Muddymike

Many years ago, I needed to connect a data logger to the sections of a resistor bank operating at high temperature and voltage (1). I discussed the application with a supplier of what seemed a suitable device (MICC thermocouples), and spent a lot of time getting everything connected.

Tried it in anger, and the data logger input card blew up. Complained to the supplier about the apparent disappearance of insulating properties.They responded that I must have been heating them. As you can imagine, I was excessively reasonable when I shared with them my belief that a thermocouple might well be expected to encounter such a condition.

Mark II involved secondary electrical insulation, more hands, selector switches and squared paper.

(1) Brake resistor for 1983 Tube Stock - withdrawn from service before me.

Chris

Reply to
Chris J Dixon

Well its like shoes of course where the age old claim when they come unglued is, you must have been wearing these.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Name and shame the muppets!

(I feel a demand for a refund with threats for small claims action on the grounds of "not fit for purpose" also spring to mind)

Reply to
John Rumm

Bit like Del Boy's water damaged umbrellas....

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Mine's stainless steel.

Reply to
Frank Erskine

Why is your friend putting damp towels in a bathroom? Towels are supposed to get washed after they have been used. Towels shouldn't get overlly damp when wiping hands that have just been washed after going to the toilet.

Oh and I would hazard that they didn't "say" A towel radiator is not suitable for hanging damp towels on rather they "said" THIS towel radiator is not suitable for putting damp towels on.

With the amount of moisture in the air in any bathroom the towels would have to be very damp indeed to make any difference. Badly applied paint that then slipped through the QC department(happens to even the best/dearest companies)?

Reply to
soup