Radio controlled clock an hour fast

My radio controlled alarm clock has been an Hr out since end of BST have to manually set

Reply to
rick

"I wonder who discovered we could get milk from cows and what the f*ck did he think he was doing?!" -- Billy Connolly

Reply to
Mr Macaw

It seems to be assumed that everybody's scared of the dark nowadays. We don't get dark anymore, because people have 1 billion watt headlamps on their cars, and the police don't seem to do a thing. Why don't they pull people over every time they're dazzled by one?

Reply to
Mr Macaw

Awww you poor thing, were there monsters behind the trees?

As a kid, I preferred light AFTER school, when I went out to play. Who = gives a f*ck what it is when you're just going somewhere you don't want = to be anyway?

Then don't wear it. You must be younger than me, because people hadn't = gone crazy on those outlandish things when I were a lad.

The only thing I was "forced" to do was to get off the school bus at the= correct stop (the stupid driver was concerned for my safety or somethin= g - I was only trying to go to a friend's house). From that day on I cy= cled to school and he didn't get his 10p fare.

Changing the working hours is more of a pfaff than simply changing the t= ime.

Why does noon have to be then? In fact it shouldn't be. The highest su= n should be in the middle of the period of time the average person is aw= ake. IME, most people get up at 7 or 8 for work, or 9 or 10 on days off= , then go to bed at 11 or 12. So midday should be 4pm.

A light evening's argument trading? Is this a Monty Python sketch? :-)=

Make all of Europe the same, then we'd have the lighter evening too.

-- =

The skeleton found in the car park has been confirmed to be that of Rich= ard III, but one question remains unanswered: Who did I pay =A320,000 on Ebay for?

Reply to
Mr Macaw

Which is why we should centre the lightest part of the day around the middle of our waking hours.

Reply to
Mr Macaw

En el artículo , rick escribió:

The cheapy I got from fleabay keeps perfect time, and what's more, the seller gave me an automatic refund because they'd had several complaints of the wall wart being noisy, so rather than wait for more complaints, decided to proactively refund everyone who'd bought one.

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

These are from the UK, and are set to DCF signal, dont buy these for GB, you need MSF

Reply to
uniray1

It's not a problem as you just put in a -1h in the menu and it reads BST.

My watch on the left uses GPS and the one on the right uses DCF77.

Simon Mason

You can use DCF clocks in the UK, you just need to put in a 1hr offset. We've had one in our Village Hall for years.

Reply to
charles

I built my own 25 years ago for £6.

id=31

Reply to
Simon Mason

Happy last Christmas. Radio clocks with wrong time usually tuned to german signal. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Do you really mean that?

Reply to
Bob Eager

I brought one in maplin that uses German time, all you have to do then is advance it by one hour (depending on time of year of course)

Reply to
whisky-dave

It isn't being tuned to the German DCF77 signal that is the problem it is the unit having a default of Munich CET as its time zone. There is usually a menu to set either GMT offset or longitude of a major city.

The latter more common on the ones that do local sunrise/sunset etc.

Reply to
Martin Brown

On 20/10/2016 04:33, snipped-for-privacy@googlemail.com wrote: sounds like something Trotter International Trading would sell

Reply to
rick

Setting the time zone on a "auriol radio controlled clock" is as follows: 1: press the Down button for 3 seconds and an F will appear in upper right area:

2: press the Set button for 3 seconds and the Hour display should now be flashing: 3: adjust the time to your zone: 4: press Set to complete
Reply to
stevedoorsgroup

I thought the autumn clock change date differed between us and continental Europe. Is there not a period with no offset?

Reply to
Scott

BST/CEST have started on the same date since 1981 and reverted to GMT/CET on the same date since 1996.

Reply to
Andy Burns

Thanks. I did not appreciate that, nor did I appreciate that France operated DST at all.

Reply to
Scott

there used to be such a time

Reply to