Radiators which do not work

Hi

I have moved into a new house with an open Central heating system. 2 of the radiators do not work or heat. The have been bled are are fine. ie water not air escapes when the bled valve is opened. The hot feed to the radiator is also warm so hot water is getting a far as the valve. I have also opened the valve fully. Any ideas?

Regards

MM

Reply to
downsizer

balance the system (google)

Reply to
John Stumbles

Check out the FAQs and wiki. Maybe just a balancing problem, could be sludge 8-(.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

Sticky valve? Can you take the head of it? There is a pin of some sort underneath that controls the water flow. If this sticks, no water gets through, regardless of how you set the thermostat.

Jon.

Reply to
jon_mason

I used to have that problem in a previous house.

Grab the pin with pliers and work it up and down to loosen it.

Prepare for the same problem when switching the system on next autumn.

Reply to
Mike Barnes

Please excuse what you might think is an obvious suggestion but I don't know how much you know. Have you opened the valves at both ends of the radiator?

Peter Scott

Reply to
Peter Scott