Radiators not heating up

The boiler's working fine. Pressure about 1bar. Some rads heating up but not fully. Downstairs reasonable. Upstairs working even less efficiently. Some not heating up at all.

Do I need to drain and descale/flush? Any other ideas?

Thanks in advance... cheers mark mcr (To reply please take the michael)

Reply to
m.darbey

Firstly, make sure there's no air in the system by bleeding all the radiators. You may then need to re-pressurise it if you have let out a significant amount of air or water.

If bleeding doesn't fix it, it sounds like you need to balance the system. As a quick and dirty test, temporarily turn off the rads which *do* get hot and see whether the others then heat up ok. If they *do* it's purely a matter of balancing to adjust the distribution - asuming that the boiler and pump are up to the overall task!

Reply to
Set Square

In message , m. darbey writes

what do you mean by 'not fully' - the whole surface doesn't heat up, or they don't get as hot as you expect?

Lets start simple, have you bled the radiators?

Reply to
chris French

Try bleeding the rads first. I expect there's probably a good order to do them in. If that doesn't work then think about stuck TRVs then if that fails then think about a descaler. I presume the pump is ok? HW fine?

Reply to
Malc

Yes, read the FAQs

UK.D-I-Y FAQ

especially the introduction.

Sealed Heating System FAQ

Central Heating Systems
uk.d-i-y FAQ is at
NOSPAM from address to email me

Reply to
Phil Addison

Thanks Phil, didn't really help but great FAQs though...

Reply to
m.darbey