Radiator Valve

Hi Everyone

Just after a bit of advice..

I fitted a new towel rad (bought from Screwfix which is about 1/2 mile from my house)

I fitted the valve to the pipe. When I screw the top connection nut into the rad, it kept turning - I could of screwed it until it disappeared into the body of the rad!!!

It didn't do this on the other side (different brand of valve)

I packed it with PTFE tape and it seems much tighter but haven't switched the valve on yet

Is this normal or is something amiss ??

-- Regards

Hays

T610 Housings in stock now!!

hays

Completely off-thread...

Is this why they call it ScrewFix? After you screwed the nut in, you had to fix it...

That's one reason I *hate* screw joint plumbing :S

Reply to
Abdullah Eyles

Wow. How many days did it take them to deliver?

ZD

Reply to
Zipadee Doodar

24 hours !!! Thats what I meant to say 100% ex-stock doesn't apply to their shop!!

Regards

Hays

Reply to
hays