radiator types - heat output

In a room in my house I have a very large single panel un-finned radiator that I will probably replace with a smaller finned version, since it would not actually protrude that much further from the wall. Can someone give a rough summary of the relative heat outputs of the different types. e.g. single panel un-finned, single panel finned, double panel shared-fins, etc. Thanks, Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson

I will probably replace with a smaller finned version, since it would not actually protrude that much further from the wall.

types. e.g. single panel un-finned, single panel finned, double panel shared-fins, etc.

Your Google must be broken....

Toby

that I will probably replace with a smaller finned version, since it would not actually protrude that much further from the wall.

different types. e.g. single panel un-finned, single panel finned, double panel shared-fins, etc.

No, its suddenly started working ;-)

Thanks, Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson

If you want something that has good output but it still reasonably slim, take a look at Stelrad rads in the P+ configuration, they are double panel but with only one set of convector fins. Output is around 75% that of double convectors (2 panels with 2 sets of fins) which I find to be a bit obtrusive.

FWIW I've found data sections of Stelrad info's to be well laid out in terms of comparing the outputs of the different panel configs.

Reply to
fred

That's a Type 21 in more common terms, just for ref.

Yes, it is good but I do wish that it used Type 11, 21, 22 etc. as then I wouldn't have to remember Stelrad's parlance.

Reply to
PeterC

Thanks for the info guys. I shall be looking to replace a type 10 with a type 11, since the fins pretty much fit in the space taken by the brackets as far as I can see. Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson